The South Asian Travel Awards (SATA) has announced an extension of the nomination period for its 2023 edition, giving stakeholders in the travel and tourism industry more time to submit their entries. The new deadline for nominations is now May 10, 2023.
SATA is a prestigious annual event that recognizes and rewards the best tourism products and services in the South Asian region. It covers a wide range of categories, including hotels and resorts, airlines, travel agencies, tour operators, and destinations. The awards aim to promote excellence, innovation, and sustainability in the travel industry and to raise the profile of South Asia as a tourist destination.
The extension of the nomination period will provide an opportunity for more businesses and organizations to participate in the awards and showcase their achievements. It will also give the judging panel more time to evaluate the entries and select the winners based on strict criteria that take into account factors such as quality, customer satisfaction, environmental responsibility, and social impact.
Speaking about the decision to extend the nomination period, Mr. Ismail Hameed, the President of SATA, said: “We understand that the pandemic has created challenges for the tourism industry, and we want to give everyone a fair chance to be recognized for their hard work and dedication. Therefore, we have decided to extend the nomination period and encourage all eligible candidates to submit their entries before the new deadline.”
Properties can nominate online via www.southasiantravelawards.com
The nominees will be evaluated by a panel of judges consisting of experts from the travel and tourism industry, media, and academia. The winners will be announced at a gala ceremony in October 2023, which will be attended by leading figures from the industry, government officials, and international media.
SATA has been endorsed by over 15 International and government agencies for its work to elevate tourism and hospitality in the region.
• Association of Professionals in Tourism (APT),
• Association of Tourism Trade Organizations, India (ATTOI),
• Association of Travel Agents (ATA),
• Colombo Chamber of Commerce (CCC),
• Confederation of Accredited Tour Operators (CATO),
• Federation of Chambers of Commerce & Industry of Sri Lanka (FCCISL),
• Hotel and Restaurant Association of Bhutan (HRAB),
• Kerala Hotel General Manager Club (KHGMC),
• National Boating Association of Maldives (NBAM),
• Maldives Association of Travel Agents and Tour Operators (MATATO),
• Maldives Marketing & PR Corporation (MMPRC),
• Nepal Tourism Board (NTB),
• Sri Lanka Association of Inbound Tour Operators (SLAITO),
• The Hotels Association of Sri Lanka (THASL),
• Hotel Association of Nepal (HAN)
• Bangladesh International Hotel Association (BIHA).
Please login to Comment