Maldives has been nominated in 8 categories at the 27th annual World Travel Awards - the most prestigious honors programme in global travel and tourism, established in 1993 and recognized globally as the ultimate hallmark of industry excellence.
Maldives is nominated for the following categories this year:
● World's Leading Beach Destination 2020: Maldives
● World's Leading Cruise Destination 2020: Maldives
● World's Leading Destination 2020: Maldives
● World's Leading Dive Destination 2020: Maldives
● World's Leading Honeymoon Destination 2020: Maldives
● World's Leading Island Destination 2020: Maldives
● World's Leading Tourist Board 2020: Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation
● World's Most Romantic Destination 2020: Maldives
Voting for these categories is now open and runs until midnight on 25th October 2020, giving the opportunity for fans to give us the reassurance that Maldives is indeed, one of the most loved and preferred destinations in the world. Votes can be cast via https://www.worldtravelawards.com/register by both travel professionals and consumers globally, with the nominee gaining the most votes in a category named as the winner.
As Maldives reopened its borders on 15th July 2020, the nominations at the 27th World Travel Awards will aid in strengthening the image and increase the brand presence globally. Additionally, Maldives has secured multiple awards in various categories over the years including the World's Leading Airport Resort, World's Leading Beach Destination, World's Leading Honeymoon Resort, World's Most Romantic Resort and World's Leading Luxury Island Resort in 2019.
The destination had also won the famed Indian Ocean’s Leading Destination award 12 times within the past 16 years.
Please login to Comment