Winners of the Maldives Travel Awards 2019 were celebrated at the gala hosted by CROSSROADS Maldives on 19th December 2019. 28 winners were awarded in 26 categories of Gala edition while 3 travel professionals were presented with Tourism Personality of the Year award.
Maldives Travel Awards Gala, dubbed as the premier travel event of Maldives, was attended by more than 200 representatives from the industry, representing the leading travel brands and businesses in the Maldives.
"We have concluded another successful edition of Maldives Travel Awards and we acknowledge the support and contribution from our partners and the travel industry to make this award a special recognition" Said Mr. Abdulla Suood, president of MATATO. "Growing numbers in nominations and popular vote is a clear indication of the progress that we are making in our eï¬€orts to develop this award to a global recognition and a successful marketing platform for the nominees and for the destination".
Maldives Travel Awards Gala edition celebrates the outstanding performers in combined sectors of Resorts, Hotels, liveaboards and Airlines. In 2019, 240 nominations were registered by 96 nominees for the Gala edition in 26 categories. Nominations were open for popular vote from 31st October to 30th November 2019 for a period of 30 days. More than 31,000 votes were registered for the Gala edition via online SMS platform.
Winners of the Gala edition are selected on a combined score of 60% based on ratings provided by panel of judges representing travel professional from the industry, and 40% based on online and SMS votes. However, in 2019 as a special exception, ratings by the panel of judges was replaced by customised ratings provided by TripAdvisor.
1. LEADING AIRPORT HOTEL AIRPORT BEACH HOTEL
2. LEADING LOW-COST CARRIER - AIR ASIA
3. LEADING LOCAL CARRIER - MALDIVIAN
4. LEADING INTERNATIONAL CARRIER - SRI LANKAN AIRWAYS
5. LEADING BUSINESS HOTEL - HOTEL JEN MALÃ‰ MALDIVES BY SHANGRI-LA
7. LEADING LOCAL HOTEL & RESORT BRAND - VILLA HOTELS
8. LEADING INTERNATIONAL HOTEL & RESORT BRAND - ANANTARA HOTELS & RESORTS
9. LEADING LIVEABOARD - ARK NOBEL
10. LEADING SURF RESORT - CINNAMON DHONVELI MALDIVES
11. LEADING FOOD AND BEVERAGE OUTLET - NIYAMA MALDIVES
12. LEADING MEETING & CONFERENCE RESORT - KURUMBA MALDIVES
13. LEADING DESIGNER RESORT - COCOON MALDIVES, KANDIMA MALDIVES
14. LEADING DIVE RESORT - BANDOS MALDIVES, ANGAGA ISLAND RESORT AND SPA
16. LEADING HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - VELAA PRIVATE ISLAND
16. LEADING CSR PROGRAM - CROWN & CHAMPA RESORTS
17. LEADING LIVEABOARD BRAND - CARPE DIEM
18. LEADING LIVEABOARD - ARK NOBEL
19. LEADING ECO RESORT - SIX SENSES LAAMU
20. LEADING ALL-INCLUSIVE RESORT - HOLIDAY INN RESORT KANDOOMA MALDIVES
21. LEADING FOOD AND BEVERAGE RESORT - CONRAD MALDIVES RANGALI ISLAND
22. LEADING FAMILY RESORT - ONE&ONLY REETHI RAH
23. LEADING WELLNESS AND SPA RESORT - KIHAA MALDIVES, THE SUNSIYAM IRUFUSHI MALDIVES
24. LEADING BEACH RESORT - HIDEAWAY BEACH RESORT & SPA
25. LEADING LUXURY RESORT - CHEVAL BLANC RANDHELI
Please login to Comment